Yachting Course - Three Hours ($89) or Full Day ($179) with Flying Fish (Up to $395 Value)
$89 for a three-hour Try Yachting course for one person (total value up to $179)
$159 for a three-hour Try Yachting course for two people (total value up to $358)
$179 for a full day Discover Yachting course for one person (total value up to $395)
$298 for a full day Discover Yachting course for two people (total value up to $790)
- Get an introduction to the basics of yachting
- Learn to hoist and trim the sail and sail across the wind
- Sail around the picturesque Sydney Harbour
- Initial safety briefing included
- Opt for a full day course to further the training
- Bonus: $100 voucher each to use towards a future Flying Fish course including sailing in Sydney, the Whitsunday islands or Greece
Customers can board one of Flying Fish's race-tuned Beneteau 40.7 yachts for an introduction to the basics of sailing in a safe and controlled environment. The experience begins with a short safety briefing and an explanation of the basic parts of the yacht before receiving a quick rundown on the use of clutches, winches, halyards and sheets. Seafarers then set sail atop the waters of Sydney Harbour, learning how to hoist and trim the sails, sail across the wind, helm the boat on different points of sail and tack and gybe.
All courses depart from Middle Harbour Yacht Club. Three-hour courses run between 2 p.m. - 5 p.m. Full day courses run from 10 a.m. - 5 p.m. and include a Mediterranean style picnic lunch on board. Participants are required to bring a jacket, hat, sunscreen, water and non-slip or non-marking deck shoes. Customers can keep the adventurous times rolling with a $100 bonus voucher to use on any Flying Fish course, such as sailing in Sydney or even skiing in Canada.