Great Ocean Road: 1 or 2 Night Stay for Up to 6 with Cocktails and Late Check-Out at The Lorne Hotel, Melbourne
The Hotel: Lorne Hotel
Ideally situated opposite the beach, Lorne Hotel offers cosy and convenient accommodation for couples and families alike. The relaxed hotel is central to Lorne-s main shopping and dining attractions, and a short drive to other worthwhile sites along the Great Ocean Road.
Hotel facilities like the large outdoor terrace and billiards table keep guests entertained during their stay. Guests can dine on modern Australian cuisine at the bistro, with a bar offering a wide variety of wines, or kick back and relax with a refreshing beverage in the beer garden.
- TripAdvisor: 3.5 / 5
- Bed size/type: Large double bed
- Standard occupancy: Two people
- This room features views of a courtyard or the ocean, a flat-screen TV, and an off-street parking
- Bed size/type: One queen bed and two single beds
- Standard occupancy: Four people
- This room features a flat-screen TV, tea and coffee making facilities, and an off-street parking
Two-Bedroom Family Unit
- Bed size/type: One queen bed and two bunks
- Standard occupancy: Six people
- Features laundry facilities, open-plan kitchen and courtyard facing the beach
The Area: Lorne, VIC
The Great Ocean Road traces a winding route along Victoria's dramatic coastline, where sheer limestone cliffs are buffeted by rolling surf, and the Twelve Apostles rise like colossal statues out of the sea. Nestled into the feet of the Otway Ranges, Lorne is a seaside town just two hours from Melbourne that visitors can use as a scenic base for exploring the rugged landscape.
Admire coastal views and discover exciting shipwreck stories with a cliff-top walk around Loutit Bay, where travellers can venture across Lorne's historic swing bridge and visit picturesque Lorne Pier. Get back to nature in the magnificent Otway Ranges, where highlights include 30m-tall Erskine Falls and Sheoak and Blanket Leaf picnic grounds. Watch out for koalas in the trees around town, and enjoy sweeping views of the Great Ocean Road from Teddy's Lookout.
Lorne itself offers up plenty of boutiques, cafes and restaurants along Mountjoy Parade to keep visitors happy, while the white sandy patrolled beaches are a fun place to play come the warmer months. But if adventure is the theme of the holiday, jump in the car and drive straight to the Twelve Apostles to witness Mother Nature's sculptures in the flesh.